- Who We Are
Empower every student to grow and advocate for their community!
Associated Students of Mt. San Antonio College is a student led organization, which strives to enrich student success through leadership development and personal growth opportunities. We unite, motivate, and empower our students and community while fostering and promoting advocacy for the student body.
Associated Students supports the development of the student body through the following priorities:
- Co-Curricular Engagement
- Leadership Development
- Retention & Transfer
- Recognition of Service
- Civic Engagement & Advocacy
- Fee Information
Student Activities Fee
What is the Student Activities Fee? - The $11 Student Activity Fee allows your student government to provide scholarships, leadership opportunities, cultural events, discounted tickets, funding for student events and many other co-curricular programs and services for students. Some of the benefits students receive by paying the Student Activities Fee are:
- Free admission & free food at all A.S. events throughout the semester: A.S. Visibility, Athletics Fair, Finals Frenzy, New Student Welcome, & Pizza with the President, & more!
- Free trips to universities tours
- Free access to check-out games and equipment in the Student Life Center
- Eligibility to apply for A.S. scholarships
- Eligibility to purchase Discounted tickets (available at the BookRac-Mid September 2021)
- Eligibility to apply for Leadership Conferences
- Eligibility to vote in Mt. SAC Student Body Elections & hold an A.S. Officer position
- Eligibility to hold an officer position in a campus club
Student Representation Fee - $2 per semester (Fall/Spring)
The $2 Student Representation Fee, mandated by Assembly Bill (AB) 1504, provides support for student government representatives who may be presenting positions and viewpoints to representatives, offices, and agencies of local, district, and state governments.
The fee is divided, with $1 going to the Associated Students of Mt. San Antonio College, and $1 for use by the Student Senate of the California Community Colleges (SSCCC). For example, this fee supports sending students to Sacramento or Washington, D.C. to advocate for solutions towards issues faced by California Community College students and lobby for adequate tuition and services. For more information about this fee visit our FAQ.
- New Student Welcome
We look forward to providing our new Mountie family a welcome experience every August!
- Get Engaged: Associated Students and Clubs
- Get Connected: On-Campus Tour
- Build Community: Student Services Support
A video recording will be provided after the Webinar takes place on August 10, 2021.
- Apply for an A.S. Position Here
Are you ready to join Associated Students for a conference, college committee, or officer position? Please complete the form below. The application is through your Student Portal and requires you to answer some questions.
- Allow enough time to complete the online form
- You will be asked to thoughtfully answer some questions. You may want to copy and paste the prompts on a word document. The portal does time out, you wouldn't want to lose you work!
- Please be aware of timeline for application submissions. You may always follow up with your submission with Leslie Hennings
- Who We Are
"Mounster" Scavenger Hunt
10/21 - 10/26
Hunt starts October 21st at 11 am and ends October 26 at 12 noon
11 am - 1pm at 26 Courtyard
3 pm - 5 pm at Kerr's Corner
Join us on a fun scavenger hunt around campus where you search for our resident “Mounster”!
3 Grand Prizes will be a pair of Tickets to Knott’s Scary Farm on October 30th.
Visit our booth to receive official scavenger hunt clues and some treats!
Scavenger hunt rules will also be posted on Instagram @mtsacAS on October 21st at 11 am.
Submission due Tuesday, October 26 at noon.
The scariest, funniest, and most creative posts will be selected as the contest winners.
- Follow @mtsacAS on Instagram
- Every scavenger hunt clue will lead you to a “Mounster” at a different location on Mt. SAC
- Take a picture/selfie/video with the “Mounster” and post it on Instagram and tag @mtsacAS, add #MOUNSTERhunt to your post. This will be your entry.
- Private accounts must DM their submission directly to @mtsacAS
- Every “Mounster” found is a post, and every post is an entry. For a max of 10 entries.
- One post per scavenger hunt location or that entry will be disqualified
- Winners will be selected by a student panel on Tuesday, October 26, 2021. You will be notified via @mtsacAS Instagram.
- Only students who have paid the Student Activities Fee can claim the prize (to check your eligibility please visit: https://prodssb.mtsac.edu/prod/pw_staf_status.P_Login )
- Pizza with the President
Are you wanting to meet the CEO/President of Mt. SAC? Aside from Dr. Scroggins office hours, he and Associated Students host a lunch event where a small group of students can meet him in a smaller more relaxed setting. Get to know more about Dr. Scroggin's leadership journey and have the ability to ask him about college related issues.
Space is limited! Use the link above and complete the reservation and to view upcoming dates and times.
- A.S. Visibility and Advocacy
Join Associated Student officers on Wednesday, September 1st at Kerr's Corner (Grass Area west of 9C) from 11:30a to 1:30p and Thursday, September 2nd at 26 Courtyard from 11:30a to 1:30p or 3p to 5p.
Come meet us and find out about Fall events, leadership opportunities, and more!
- "Mounster" Scavenger Hunt 10/21 - 10/26
Get Engaged. Build Community.
Associated Students conduct a series of public meetings. Please join us at one of the meetings below. Agendas are posted and you are more than welcomed to attend and speak during open forum/public comment.,please inform the chair of each meeting that you would like to speak.